STAY COOL DURING THE HOT SAN DIEGO WEATHER:
the Air Conditioning in your car, new or old, is not working or if it isn’t as cold as it used to be bring it to Akon Auto Center for an inspection, so you can stay cool no matter how hot it gets in Sunny San Diego.
SIGNS OF A MALFUNCTIONING AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM:
- Hot air blowing, even though the dial says cold
- Air Conditioning starts out cold, but later starts to warm up
- If your defroster still leaves fog on your windows
- If your compressor keeps turning off and on
- If there are loud noises when your Air Conditioning is on
- Bad or musty odor when the Air Conditioning is turned on
- DIAGNOSTIC AND REPAIR:
Our ASE certified technicians will visually inspect your Air Conditioning system and all its components, run tests to determine the internal pressure of the Air Conditioning system, measure the outlet temperature, perform a leak test and identify any sort of contamination present in the system. Not only are we able to perform repairs on vehicles that presently contain R12/Freon(typically this is found older vehicles) and 134a refrigerant, we are able to convert R12 into 134a in most cases. R12 is no longer being manufactured because of its harmful effect on the environment and because of this is a scarce and costly product; by converting to 134a you save both money and the environment. The EPA also will be implementing a new refrigerant in 2013.